Wednesday 13 October 2010

Second Viewing Of Irreversible.

The three scenes I had most emotional response to was;
-The attack in the club when a man gets beaten with a fire extinguisher, this makes me feel sick and disgusted and made me want to turn away, because of the full extent of the injuries we saw. It also made me want to block out the sound because of the sounds heard when the man was getting attacked like the cracking, as they were made to sound that much worse (exaggerated.)

-When 'Marcus' realises that the woman attacked is his girlfriend. When you first see her injured body, it makes me feel sick again, just because the image is so intense and graphic. Then I began to feel sympathy for Marcus - as we have worked out from previous scenes that Alex is his girlfriend, and now all he wants to do is seek revenge on the man who has done this, as he feels he has now let her down.

-Rape scene. This scene made me feel so disgusted and shocked even for a second viewing. Again, I think it shocks the audience because of the intensity of the image you we are shown. It sounds so real and comes across so intense, creating the feeling of sickness.
When you think of the scene after watching the whole film, makes me feel a whole lot worse as you find out she is pregnant, so not only did the rape harm her, but also the baby.
Also when you hear of the dream Alex had of a 'Red Tunnel' and dismisses it, you want to shout at the screen and warn her of the danger, so you feel helpless watching as you already know what it about to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment